workshop: Scapy in 45 minutes
Packet manipulation tutorial
Scapy is a packet manipulation program written in Python. It simplifies sending and receiving packets as well as writing new protocols. This tutorial aims at presenting its basics and advanced features using examples.
Scapy (https://github.com/secdev/scapy) is a powerful Python-based interactive packet manipulation program and library. It is able to forge or decode packets of a wide number of protocols, send them on the wire, capture them, match requests and replies, and much more.
This tutorial aims at presenting its basics and advanced features using examples such as:
- packet manipulation: building packets, listing fields
- network interaction: sending and receiving packets, reading and writing PCAP files,
- visualisation: displaying content, plotting values
- using Scapy as a Python module
- implementing a new protocol
- answering machines
- advanced features: IPv6, TLS, X.509
Start time: 18:15